On average, ABA therapy with a board-certified ABA therapist in the U.S. costs $120/hour. These figures make therapy a challenge for many families, as some might not be able to afford enough hours each week for an ABA therapist to build a rapport with their child, or to fully analyze their child’s behavior challenges.
However, don’t lose hope: There are many contributing factors that can influence the overall cost of ABA therapy, including:
- How many hours are required every week (10-20 is usually more than enough)
- The ABA therapist’s experience levels and desired rates
- The severity of autism experienced by the child
- Geographic location
- The supply and demand of ABA specialists in your location
- Where the ABA therapy will take place
- Length of time (in months or years) spent with the ABA therapist
In summary, even the above prices show that the amount ABA therapy will cost is not nearly as much as it seems at first glance.
Multiplying the hours per month by $120 is unlikely to be accurate and your overall bill will be much smaller. With that said, parents that can’t afford a board-certified ABA therapist in Indiana can look for help from insurance providers.